Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Walking a Little Taller, Feeling a Lot Prouder

Our internet connection was down today, and I was operating on 3 hours sleep, so the complete post of our amazing, wonderful election night in Paris (including goofy and wonderful video) will have to wait until tomorrow.  But I will tell you that I was very, very proud to be an American today.  I can tell you that the French view of America and Americans has changed. I can tell you that people ask where they can get an Obama pin like mine.  I can tell you that the French are now having to take a little closer look at themselves.  I can tell you that I feel like I've miraculously gone in a single day from being the representative of "W" himself (here, akin to being the envoy of the devil himself) to being the representative of a President-Elect Obama himself.  A nice change; that "W" cloud was a drag.  And before I retire to sleep, I will remind everyone of where it all started ... yes, that's right, that grand little state in the dead middle of the country, my old home, Iowa, of which I'm also unreasonably proud right now.  Hoo-ray for the U.S.A.

No comments: