Monday, July 25, 2005

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful

I've still two posts to do on our trip to Germany ... some very funny things happened there and on the way back ... but I'm tired of blogging tonight and want to post what we did today. We eventually got out of the house around 10 (we were tired from our long travel day yesterday). We took the Metro to the Louvre stop, then walked all the way up the Avenue des Champs Elysees, past the Arc de Triomphe to a restaurant in the 17th Arrondissement that Suzie had picked out for lunch. Here's the restaurant and the menu; can you guess what we all had?




(Suzie had the duck salad, my mom and the boys had the steak with bernaise sauce, I had the veal chop. Suzie and my mom split a bottle of wine. Woo-eee. Mine was good, but the steak was about the best I'd ever tasted. Really.)

After lunch, the boys and I climbed to the top of the Arc de Triomphe, 256 steps (so it says). After that, we were tired and took the Metro home.

Before coming, Suzie said that Paris was so great because everywhere you looked it was beautiful. I poo-pooed that, but after being here, I see what she means. So no more words, just pictures.






No comments: